Thursday, March 01, 2007



mixed media collage on 8x10 canvas panel

I had the idea for this piece in my head since for a few weeks before I sat down and made it. I had the wings, the window and the fish. Then I went looking and found the girl and the dandelion blossom. The window is a photograph I took last fall printed on regular ink jet printer paper. I like incorporating prints of my photographs into my art because I feel like it adds another dimension of myself to the piece. I did the background with acrylics, twinkling h20’s, pearls and alcohol inks and gesso, then collaged in the pieces and overstamped some script.

I’m really pleased with the way this one finished up, more so every time that I look at it. I’ve already had thoughts of keeping it for myself and have even imagined her gracing my bedroom wall - which means I’ll probably end up doing just that. Why is it that we artists’ find it so hard to let our work go?

1 Comments:

Blogger Plus Ultra said...

I am going through all the different sites you have. Can I ask? Are All the ATCs digital art? I see a great number of children, young girls and they have wings, butterfly wings, why? Please email me urgently at plusultra_ng@yahoo.com, please, thanks. PS I never tire coming to your many sites, they refresh me and give ideas to work on my own collages

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home